I have created few macros in different files. Now to access those macros, always I have to open the files and click on the button to run the macro. Sometime even I was making mistake, like I wanted to run the Macro1 which is created under File1, but by mistake I opened File2 and run Macro2!!
Many time, I wondered if I will be able to add these macro in File menu or somewhere in ribbon, it will be quicker and easily accessible. One solution I learned is that we can add our macros to the Quick Access Toolbar button. I browsed thru Microsoft website and found the way to do this. Link to the original article.
Steps to do this:
1. Navigate to File -> Options
2. Select Quick Access Tool bar from Left hand side
3. Choose “Macros” from the “Choose commands from:” drop down
4. When we select “Macros”, the bottom list shows – list of macros created
5. From the list select the macro that you wish to add to “Quick Access Toolbar” and then click on “Add” button
6. Select “OK” button and we are done.
The macro is added to “Quick Access Toolbar” as shortcut. E.g. Following screen print shows the macro location:
Do let me know your thoughts on this solutions and also share any other solution/approach that you have used to do this task.